Tuesday 5 June 2012

PITTENWEEM ARTS FESTIVAL - UPDATE

As I have previously posted I was awarded a bursary to exhibit my work at this years Pittenweem Arts Festival which takes place for 7 days from Saturday 28th of July til Sunday the 5th of August. I can now reveal my location and venue number for this years event. I can be found at the Bottom of South Loan just off the High Street in the courtyard on the corner at Venue 33.



For this event I have been working on 2 collections of screen printed fabrics and wallpapers. "The East Neuk Dwellers" is inspired by the wildlife found in Fife from gardens and long walks taken through the countryside. "The May Isle Collection" is inspired by the Isle of May and it's winged, finned inhabitants and surroundings. Coming from a family of fisherman I feel I have a close connection with the sea, the May Isle was of particular significance as I have fond memories as a child (and adult!) of trips out to the island with family and the local fisherman's boat race to see who could get sail around and be back at the harbour first. The designs are then screen printed by and onto beautiful high quality fabrics which I've sourced from a manufacturer in Kirkcaldy.

Above all, I have been dedicating my time and efforts to create striking designs that are of the highest quality using local sources wherever possible to keep the finished product truly Made in Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment